Postdoctoral Fellowship Announcement 2022-23
The Meta-Research Innovation Center at Stanford (METRICS) is a research-to-action center focused on transforming research practices to improve the quality of scientific studies in biomedicine and beyond. METRICS fosters multi-disciplinary research collaborations to help produce solutions that increase the effectiveness and value of scientific investigation. By creating multidisciplinary working groups that bring together researchers, practitioners and policymakers, METRICS aims to develop a policy-relevant research agenda to improve research quality. METRICS focuses on five critical areas highlighted by a broad range of stakeholders: methods, reporting, evaluation, reproducibility and incentives.
The Center invites applications for postdoctoral fellowship positions in the broad area of meta-research and related fields relevant to the mission of METRICS. The postdoctoral fellowships are expected to start around September 2022 and no later than November 2022 and it will be a 1-year appointment with the possibility of a second year. The Center provides a competitive stipend, with the exact level to be determined based on applicant qualifications. METRICS postdoctoral fellows will participate in various aspects of the Center’s research and educational initiatives. Fellows also benefit from Stanford University’s highly innovative and creative research environment which supports discovery and innovation.
- Applicants must have a Ph.D., M.D., or equivalent degree. Degree should be conferred at least two months before the start of the appointment
- Less than 5 years of postdoctoral experience
- A track record of some training and/or publications in fields relevant to meta-research is also required
- Applicant does not have a faculty appointment or equivalent somewhere else
Applicants should submit:
Deadline to receive applications is March 1, 2022.
- Cover letter
- Current curriculum vitae
- Personal statement which must address all of the following:
- Reviews of your previous research and other accomplishments
- Outlines your future research and career goal
- Three letters of reference
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.