- The Center for Open Science's proposal for a new journal, Psychology can be found here. After reading the proposal be sure to provide feedback via the survey here.
- Call for nominations for the 2017 Cochrane-REWARD prize is now open. The aim of the prize is to assess and publicize good local pilot initiatives that have the most potential to reduce waste in research if scaled up globally. Please see prize webpage for additional information.
- Center for Open Science Preregistration Challenge will award one thousand researchers $1,000 each for publishing results of preregistered research. More information on eligibility can be found here.
- AllTrials is a patient-led campaign seeking to have all clinical trials registered, and their results reported. Visit their website to learn more and sign the petition to urge governments, regulators and research bodies to implement measures to achieve this aim.
- The REWARD campaign follows the 2014 series in The Lancet on Research: increasing value, reducing waste (www.thelancet.com/series/research). The series set out some of the most pressing issues, recommended how to increase value and reduce waste in biomedical research, and proposed metrics for stakeholders to monitor the implementation of these recommendations. Progress since the series was celebrated at the first REWARD conference, held jointly with EQUATOR Network, in Edinburgh on 28-30 September 2015, where an action plan for the future will be developed (see the ‘Events’ section of http://researchwaste.net).